Friday, June 25, 2010

A little more PTI love...




This is a quick one I whipped up yesterday for my Dad who always seems to be traveling on Father's Day so I end up forgetting to make him a card. My folks arrived back in town and I had a gift all packaged up for him but no card. My Mom guilted me into making one at the last minute. Something along the lines of "you have all those supplies and you couldn't make one little card??" I believe was how it went down.

If it looks vaguely familiar--ok, REALLY familiar--it's because I had an extra balloon all colored in from the OWH bloghop a few weeks ago and I needed this thing FAST. I just stamped and diecut a few more balloons and clouds and sticking with the same color scheme, I used some more of that OA paper and some PTI paper. I suffer from the same aversion to masculine cards that so many others seem to have. It's not that I don't like them when they're finished--it's the getting to the finished part that I HATE. These stamps turned out to be a really good investment. He loved the card and even commented on how cool the balloons were! I guess you'd just have to know my Dad to fully appreciate the comment. He's not one to gush about a handmade card so---

this year's balloons=good
last year's horse=not so much

I've received nearly all my scrappy purchases in the mail this week. I had a real moment there last night where I felt a little sick to my stomach looking at the pile of new stuff. I admitted this to hubby and his reply was "what? hoarding getting you down??". Nice. I guess I just have to get working on some projects and work my way through the stash. I've got a good start on it this week! I'm finishing up another layout that I'll hopefully be able to post this weekend. Two in one week? Now THAT'S crazy talk.


Supplies used:PTI stamps,dies,felt,paper,SU stamp,punch,Copics,Martha Stewart punch,OA paper,Memento ink,Ranger Distress ink.

6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card!! I LOVE the hot air ballons...I remember them from the OWH hop! Your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am cracking up at your husbands reply *rofl*

    love the card - super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great card! My vacation is almost over.
    I have made a promise to myself to get out to the barn at least once a week. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Cathy! I am so totally loving the Martha Stewart edger punch I won and you even managed to inspire me to take a shot at the crochet flowers too. I tend to do my craft shopping in spurts so I can relate to looking at a pile of goodies and thinking to myself that I need to find a 12 step program for crafters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice vibrant card. Love the colours.
    LOL at your hubby's comment.
    I so need to use up my stash, but then I would never get to shop again LOL.
    Mind you I had made a whole mini album out of my stash.

    ReplyDelete