Friday, December 18, 2009

Oh the weather outside is frightful...




but I don't care because I'm having so much fun inside with my new Quickutz Santa's workshop dies! I just finished up this little mini-album that I'm using as a gift card holder. It's SO perfect for this! I had a lot of fun making this and I'm really glad I decided at the last minute to pick up the add-on dies to these mini-albums. The whole lot of them was ridiculously expensive, but I've got so many ideas for these, I can already tell they're going to get a workout! There are a bunch of super cute ideas in the QK community gallery using these dies as well. If you get a chance, be sure to check them out!

I used more MME glitter paper on this. I'm a little upset with the glitter paper these days. Love the way it looks--hate the way it broke my new paper trimmer. Lesson learned. I'll use my cheap old trimmer from now on with this stuff. I created the little tag on the front with a Nestie die. I used a K&Co rub-on on a piece of vellum(found out rub-ons don't rub on vellum very good at all), backed it with a piece of MME, and then covered it with a piece of transparency. I held the 3 pieces together with the eyelet(no glue involved).It was a real lightbulb moment for me. I've been wanting to make covers for these little mini-albums out of thin clear plastic, but couldn't find plastic thin enough--until I remembered my packages of inkjet printer transparencies!! I'll be dabbling with that soon... One other thing I forgot--the spine of this mini-album was cut from velvet paper. It adds a really pretty texture that isn't captured in these pics. What a cool use for all the velvet paper I have!

Have to run to the post office now to hopefully get these gift cards where they need to go by Christmas day. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment