Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...


Reminds me of the mean guy on Frosty the Snowman, but that's what I've been lately. Too busy. We had an AMAZING weekend in Annapolis. I never thought Jeff's company holiday party would be that much fun. Oh yikes. There had to have been over 400 people partying at the Westin Annapolis until all hours of the night last Saturday. I feel sorry for anyone staying there that wasn't involved in that party. The live band rockin' into the early hours must've been heard all the way to the top floor. Crazy, crazy good time!

So, I haven't had a whole lot of time for making Christmas cards this year and that really bums me out! I've bought a TON of fun Christmas scrapbook stuff the past few months and I'm finding that a lot of it will have to wait until next year's cards. I think I might just get started on Christmas cards for the troops next year so I can use this stash AND make sure I have time to donate to this oh-so-awesome cause!

BUT--here's one of the 6 or 7 designs I've come up with this year. This was a little time consuming, a little frustrating, but definitely worth it in the end. Love how it turned out(but I only made 2 of them due to the time involved)

Here's the details:
the snowman stamp is Inkadinkado stamped in VF onyx black on a piece of SEI Winter Song pp, fun flocked on the hat, colored with Prismas on the scarf and then coated in Diamond Glaze, fringe on the scarf embossed with Powder Keg ep and an embossing pen, little half-pearls from Michael's added as buttons and then cut out and pop-dotted.

All of the pp is SEI and I used the Martha Stewart icicle border punch and an EK Success flourish border punch and the HSN cuttlebug snowflake flourish embossing folder.

The "Merry Christmas" is an Inkadinkado stamp in Cat's Eye ink and then embossed with UTEE.

Hope you're taking it easy during the stressful holiday ramp-up and accomplishing all that you want to!

No comments:

Post a Comment