Friday, December 11, 2009

Indecision is a killer...



I'm running out of time to finish my Christmas cards and I promised myself I'm not doing this again. ever. No, of course I'll keep making Christmas cards(Jeff would completely flip out if I sent out store-bought cards instead of using the ever-growing and slightly obnoxious stash), but I'm never going to leave it so last minute again. Yeah, right.

I thought I had it all figured out too. I made 5 different designs this year with the intent of just knocking them out after the hard part of coming up with the design was over. Then, after I started knocking them out, I realized I like some WAY more than others and had decisions to make as to who gets which card, that person saves my cards, that one doesn't, etc., etc.,etc.

This card today I've decided is not one of my favorites, but I invested the time last night in recreating 3 more of them and so-- they will be mailed. I was inspired for this one on this blog here although I don't think I did it justice. Loved the MME paper she used though and I really wanted to use my new MS deep edge punch.

You might be asking why I'd bother to share a card on here that I'm just not 100% crazy about?? Probably because I'm stubborn like that and again--I invested the time to make it so I thought I'd share it (the good, the bad, and the ugly). I've seen a lot of chatter lately about people not wanting to continue this hobby because of feelings that their work is not "good enough" and maybe I felt the need to show that sometimes not everything you make is your favorite, but maybe somebody somewhere out there WILL be inspired by what you've created.

So why not share it?

More cards to come in the next few days. I'm still busy working away on them. Hope to be finished tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment