Sunday, October 4, 2009

Hello October!



Seriously, where does the time fly? Lots of big changes happening in my little world lately and I finally figured out--scrapbooking and cardmaking is really relaxing and an awesome diversion from life in general. Wish I could say the stress around here is done and over with, but unfortunately we're not quite there yet. When we are(hopefully this week) I will share what's been going on. Until then, I think I'll be posting more pics on here as I lock myself away in my scrappy haven and lose myself in paper, punches, and ink.

I'm working on Halloween costume party invites. Yes, you read that right. We're throwing the Halloween to end all Halloween parties on well, Halloween night, of course! It should be a ton of fun. Jeff and I got our costumes all figured out a few weeks ago and I totally scored at JoAnn's last weekend with a matching costume for our dog! I can't wait to post pics and I'm forcing myself to scrap them right away. (I'm so flippin excited....I already have the papers and embellies for the layouts)

I've seriously hoarded a TON of Halloween sb product this year. It's bad. REALLY bad. Because of this, I'm making each one of the party invites different and mailing out a few Halloween cards to friends and family this year that won't be able to attend. Here's the first card. I plan on using the BasicGrey Eerie collection for probably all of the cards. They really knocked this one out of the park. What an awesome collection for Halloween!! This one uses a Stampendous stamp I picked up at Michael's and the Martha Stewart graveyard and spider web border punches. I used a nestie and a Recollections stamp set on the inside of the card with some of the spider web corner and border punch accents again. Oh, and I almost forgot about the cute little batties--they're from the EK bat border punch and the spooky branch is Martha Stewart, all are coated in black diamond stickles.

No comments:

Post a Comment