Monday, November 24, 2008

The 12 Days of Christmas Cards-Day Three


Today's card is my hubby's favorite. I think it has a bit of a masculine feel to it and might just be given to his male co-workers. This one combines a little Basic Grey, a little PTI, and a whole lotta SU!.

The new SU! Top Note die makes an awesome background and a great addition to any card. The uses for this die are just endless. I actually bought it with journaling in mind for sb layouts, but I've used it to house a title on a sb page and now a nice backdrop for this stamp from the Lovely as A Tree SU! set. The trees were stamped with versamark and embossed with an ep from a little company called Powder Keg. I added some icicle stickles on them too. The ground is coated in Martha Stewart coarse glitter. I did a masking technique on the background using SU! soft sky inkpad and a sponge before stamping the trees.

I used a versamark pen around the outside of the label stamp in the SU! Winter Post set and then embossed with more ep and the PTI sentiment stamp was also embossed on the inside of the label and then punched out with the SU! label punch.

I'm making sure to use that snowflake border punch as much as I can. I had some guilt over buying yet another border punch but it's turning out to be useful.

2 comments:

  1. Love that beautiful stamp set you used for the trees. This such a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete