Saturday, November 29, 2008

The 12 Days of Christmas Cards( continued)-Day Six


I finished a card today!! It's pretty scary how many I still have left to do before the mailing date of Dec. 8th. This one uses the oh -so -cute Wal-Mart clear stamps that everyone's been raving about. I got a great clear image with these stamps!

Here's the details:

I stamped the Christmas tree in SU! old olive on a plain piece of white cs I ran through the cuttlebug with the Nesties. I bought the Sizzix crease pad and found the A,C,crease pad,shim sandwich cuts and embosses the nesties in one pass!! I'll have to link the source of that info here in a bit.

The larger circle is SU! old olive cs and I added some chocolate brown 3-d paint. The porkies, of course, are from Wal-mart and colored with prismacolor pencils and baby oil. I added a few small glue dots to the tree and coated them with MS red glitter.

The sentiment tag was a punch I picked up ages ago from HL and I embossed the sentiment(another stamp from that set) and added some faux stitching with a piercing tool and pen. I finished it off with an eyelet and some AC ribbon.

The paper is BG Figgy Pudding and I machine stitched around the outside and the blue piece. The scallop was done using the SU! scallop punch and all other cs is just some cheap stuff I had laying around.

I'll be playing with this stamp set again on the next card!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute card! Love those little critters! You are doing so well getting your cards all ready. I worked on mine during the holiday and hope to get them finished this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet little card. Love those cute hedge hogs. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete