Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Some love for Mom...



Hey guys! I know it's been a long time, but I've been working away on a new mini that I am SO excited about!! A long time ago I'd beat myself up over not posting regularly to this blog. I finally decided to just get over it and get on with it. I am not a fast producer. It's the painful truth. And I'm not really one to post just for the sake of posting. This is primarily a scrappy blog and I started it (has it really been nearly 4 years ago??) as a way of trying to keep myself "accountable". Too often I let everything in my life take priority over my creative time and months would go by with nothing to show for all the toys that sat collecting dust in my craft room.

I'm happy to say that this blog has helped me with that and I now take time nearly every day to play. BUT--I don't pressure myself to finish things quickly. I'm a dreaded perfectionist and detail-oriented. It's plagued me all my life. Where am I going with this, you ask?? I share here as soon I've finished something and if there's long breaks in between...it's because I'm working on something and it's probably something big and time-intensive. I hate excuses, and this has really sounded like one, but I was more going for an explanation than an excuse.

That said, I have this vintage beach mini that's consuming all my time right now and I can't wait to share it!! I'm hoping to be finished with it in a few weeks. I'm also squeezing in a little mini I started a long time ago and now I'm desperately trying to finish it before Sunday so I can surprise my mom with it for Mother's Day AND I have this Mother's Day card to share today. I'm finally ready to part with that vintage mini from a few months ago. I'm packing it up today and sending it on it's way along with this card. (I apologize for the photo quality. Mother Nature was not cooperating today)

I used the Crate Paper Portrait collection on this one. What an awesome color combo in this paper! I've always been a big fan of teal and black, but the addition of salmon/orange in this is perfection!

Some of the details:
the black border along the bottom is a Martha Stewart punch
the yellow strip in the middle is the new Spellbinders Parisian Accents (I layered the cut-out border on top of the part left behind on the paper after die-cutting the border-if that makes sense?)
felt flowers are PTI dies and felt
the brad is Making Memories
notebook page is a PTI die
flourish stamps are Kaisercraft Up, Up and Away(LOVE this set)
"for you" is Quickutz Phoebe
"mom" is Tim Holtz Vintage Market alpha
ink is TH vintage photo distress ink

Gotta get back to work! Hope you'll check back here soon when I get this mini posted!

Hope everyone's having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment