Friday, May 15, 2009

A Taste of My Town








I had a fabulous opportunity today to hang out with a photojournalist thanks to my well-connected hubby :) Time seriously flies when you're having fun! Before I realized it, 5 hours had flown by, I still needed to get an annual eye exam done, buy groceries, call mom to shuffle off my taxi duties of the kid, drive home with dilated eyes in a serious freakin downpour (thank God the sun disappeared) and clean up the house before the weekend.

I just didn't know if I was really "getting it" after 5 months with the new camera and it was really nice today to hear that I'm getting it. It was definitely the confidence boost that I needed and the advice/tips/pointers I received today are priceless. I'm shooting in full Manual now and I have to say I'm really proud of myself for sticking with it and fulfilling my promise that I would learn this camera. I'm super excited for our 2 week vacation in a couple weeks and I finally feel like I might just be able to get those once-in-a-lifetime shots. And if not, well.....no biggie. Just another reason to take more vacations and try harder next time:)

No comments:

Post a Comment